Innovation voucher packages
Business Finland (formerly Tekes) offers innovation voucher funding for small and medium-sized enterprises engaged in well-established business, who have a new product or service idea with international growth potential and for which the company needs external expertise.
The voucher is valued at 6,200 € (5,000 € + VAT) and can be used to purchase e.g. IPR-related research or analyses without the need for self-financing.
Innovation vouchers can also be used towards registration services for patents and trademarks. A company is not eligible for the innovation voucher if it has received funding from Business Finland during the current or previous year; if it is running another project funded by Business Finland; or it has filed another application with Business Finland. For more information on applicability for the innovation voucher, see the Business Finland website (When/When not?).
We have assembled four service packages valued at 5,000 € + VAT, from which you can choose the best one for your needs, and pay for it with the innovation voucher following a positive funding decision from Business Finland.
Have you been thinking of starting up IPR activities, but are unsure of where to start? Our Starter service package will get you up to speed in no time with taking charge of your inventions, patent potential and trademarks. The Starter package includes strategic consulting, concrete action items and IPR training. The service comprises the following:
- Kick-off meeting where we draft an action plan
- Consulting and training for starting up IPR activities (6 hours)
- Process guidance for establishing a policy for inventions made during employment (6 hours)
- Analysis of the IPR protection status of competitors
Have you given thought to what your competitors are patenting – and who they are? A patent landscape analysis is a wide-ranging evaluation of competitors and technology that can reinforce your product development, support entry to new markets, or serve as the starting point for a company-wide IPR strategy. This tool enables you to gain a clear overview of even large numbers of patent specifications.
Our Landscape service package includes the following:
- Kick-off meeting, where we define the goals and scope of the analysis
- Database searches, data visualization into a patent landscape, and analysis of trends and industry players
- Summing-up meeting, where we present the results of the research and our report
- The possibility to obtain the created patent landscape with its analysis software for in-house use and further exploration
Have you developed a new technical solution, but don’t want it to end up in your competitor’s product? Are you unsure of whether your invention is patentable? This service package allows you to gain rapid insight into the novelty of your invention, while enabling you to get your patent application filed efficiently. Our Patenting package includes the following:
- Kick-off meeting, where we examine the technical details of your invention
- Novelty search for your invention and a statement on patentability
- Recommendation for protection strategy
- Drafting of patent application (not including official fees)
Are you planning a new name or logo for your product? Have you considered protecting the design of your product to prevent copying? Our branding service includes the following:
- Kick-off meeting, where we review your planned product names and the new design of the product
- Preliminary examinations for the product name and logo
- Recommendation for protection strategy
- Filing of trademark or design right application (not including official fees)
Business Finland’s innovation voucher also enables you to purchase IPR services for less than 5,000 € + VAT, in which case the work will be billed according to accrued expenses. Likewise, if IPR services costing more than 5,000 € + VAT are required, the additional amount will be invoiced to your company. In addition to the above packages, we are always happy to tailor an IPR service offering that is exactly right for your specific needs.
To find out more, contact our attorneys by e-mail or give us a call at +358 9 6859 560, and we will be happy to help you take the next step in IPR.
- Jussi Jaatinen (electronics and ICT)
- Christoffer Sundman (chemistry and biotechnology)
- Tatu Ahlskog (mechanical inventions)
- Tom-Erik Hagelberg (trademarks and design rights)
For more info, also see Business Finland’s website.